If you’ve come here to find events, you’ve come to the right place.
Mon07Sep20152.00-4.00pmBletchley Leisure Centre (first two rooms on the right on entry opposite the Cafe.) Princes Way, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2HQ
Learning Disability Services
Learning Disability Services Planning Ahead
What is the "Planning Ahead" consultation about?
Milton Keynes Council has given permission for a team of people to look at learning disability services in Milton Keynes. The team will look at what is happening in services and what is needed for people now and in future.
The team will begin by looking at three areas:
- Short Breaks
- Introducing Shared Lives to Milton Keynes (Shared Lives is a scheme where people can stay with another carer or family either living with them or staying for a short break)
- Offering Direct Payments for non-residential short breaks (Direct Payments are a payment of money from the council to you, or to someone acting on your behalf, to pay for the cost of arranging support. This could be used to go to an activity for a break without staying away from home overnight)
- Looking at current capacity for short breaks
- Supported Living
- Fully review the Community Support Intervention Team (CSiT) which provides intensive support
- Review the Community Support Team (CST) and look at alternative solutions to current service provision
- Assistive Technology (e.g. Telecare) and use of social media
- Work with current partners to develop and offer alternative support
- Day Services
- Explore the use of Direct payments for current and future service users
- Rationalise the current local authority provision e.g. reduce the number of traditional building based services and develop supported access to the community
How will we consult with you?
The team will ask learning disability service users, family carers, staff, stakeholders, and young people who will use services in the future, what they think about services and what could work better for them in their lives.